Clinical Trials Unit
The CTRC staff is composed of a core team of experienced research nurses that work with medical personnel, health researchers, and administration to conduct scientific research. Our clinical research staff has extensive clinical and epidemiological research experience required to manage a variety of clinical trials across multiple therapeutic areas.
The primary role of the CTRC is to support a broad range of scientific inquiry by facilitating the needs of Principle Investigators of our academic affiliates.
The CTRC offers the following resources as a basis for both pharmaceutical and investigator initiated projects with administrative fees to cover the following:
- ● Highly experienced nurse practitioner and nursing support
- ● Inpatient and outpatient facilities/supplies Inpatient one word
- ● Regulatory guidance
- ● Coordination and scheduling of ancillary hospital services
The CTRC functions as the clinical liaison between research sponsors and University Medical Center providing clinical trial management services, which include:
- ● Contract negotiations and management
- ● Identifying valid research charges. Coordinating study initiation, initial study visits, and follow-up
- ● Adherence to departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- ● Internal auditing for protocol deviations
For more information contact 504-702-5165